- About the Department
- Role of Dermatology
- Consultation & Appointments
- Conditions Treated
- Services & Facilities
- Important Points about Tests/Procedures/Surgeries, Your Reports & Billing Enquiries
Department of Dermatology & Venereology of Evercarebd Hospitals Dhaka provides advanced diagnosis and management of diseases of the skin, hair and nails, as well as venereal (sexually transmitted) diseases. The Department aims to deliver the highest quality of care to patients with skin disorders, including skin cancers, immune and allergic processes (e.g. psoriasis, atopic dermatitis), diseases of other organ systems with skin manifestations and venereal diseases. We provide both adult and paediatric dermatological services, as well as cosmetic dermatology. The department applies the latest advances in dermatology in an atmosphere of compassion and respect. We have advanced Laser Centre, Phototherapy Centre, specialized Skin Rejuvenating Program, and we perform procedures like electrocautery & electrosurgery, cryosurgery, intralesional injection, dermoscopy, iontophoresis, and skin biopsies.
The skin is the largest and most visible organ of the body and acts as a barrier. However, because the skin is more than just a simple wrapping for the body, it is also subjected to many diseases. At one time or another nearly everyone has had some type of skin disease. This is when dermatology and its practitioners, called dermatologists, play an important role.
- Disease of the skin affects all age groups – infants, teenagers, adults, and the aged
- The dermatologist uses a variety of therapeutic tools from antibiotic to scalpel. In fact, dermatologists perform more minor surgeries than a surgeon
- Skin diseases are often associated with internal conditions of the body
- It is good to see a dermatologist as soon as possible when symptoms of skin disease appear
- The dermatologist has to be familiar with skin problems related to general medicine, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatrics, endocrinology, eye, and ENT.
- Expert diagnosis, rapid cure, or good management means decreased cost and less suffering
The department provides consultation services in Block F level-4 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing the patient’s condition, our Consultants discuss available treatment options and recommend the most effective treatment.
Consultant in Department of Dermatology & Venereology:
|Dr. Rubaiya Ali
MBBS, Diploma in Dermatology and Venereology, FCPS (Dermatology and Venereology)
Consultant – Dermatology.
| View Consultant Profile | Make an Appointment
|Professor Lt. Col. (Retd.) Dr. Q.M. Mahabub Ullah
MBBS, FRCP (Glasgow), DDV, MCPS, MD, Trained in Laser Surgery (USA)
Coordinator & Senior Consultant – Dermatology & Venereology
| View Consultant Profile | Make an Appointment |
Prof.(Dr.) Hasibur Rahman
MBBS, FCPS (Dermatology & VD), MRCPS (Glasg.),
FACP (USA), FRCP (Edin.), EADV Visiting Fellow (Munich-Germany)
Consultant – Dermatology & Venereology
| View Consultant Profile | Make an Appointment
Team of Doctors
We have world class specialists from around the globe and facilitates correct diagnosis of various ailments for best and shortest road to recovery. Get a closer glimpse of our cutting-edge-technology in the gallery below.
This carousel is empty, please add some logos.
The Department of Dermatology provides medical, cosmetic, paediatric, and surgical dermatology services for all types of skin, hair and nail problems, as well as sexually transmitted diseases. Consultations, as well as diagnostic and clinical services, are provided by our department for the maintenance and treatment of these conditions. We provide advanced treatments for hundreds of dermatological & venereal conditions including the following:
Our services are provided through advanced facilities and programs:
Electrocautery and Electrosurgery are surgical techniques which involve introducing high frequency current to a specific area of the body in order to remove or cut unwanted tissue. In Dermatology, these techniques are used for the removal of moles, warts, skin tags, and other skin growths.
Cryosurgery is the procedure which involves the use of liquid nitrogen in subzero temperatures for treating body warts, hand warts, planter warts, genital warts, moles, skin tags, solar keratoses, and small tumours or skin cancers.
Doctor performing crypsurgery on a patient
Intralesional injection is the direct delivery of medication percutaneously into specific skin lesions to treat local tissues with minimal side effects. It is used for the treatment of diseases like keloids, Alopecia areata (hair loss/baldness), prurigo nodularis, lichen planus, discoid lupus erythromatosus, and inflammatory acne nodules.
Laser treatment involves the application of a strong laser beam of light for treatment of the skin. We are using laser treatment for the removal of scars, birthmarks, tattoos, unwanted hair, superficial leg veins, stretch marks, and acne scarring, as well as treatment of rosacea, facial blood vessels, pigmentation, age-related cosmetic problems, etc.
| Link to health article on Things to check before laser hair removal |
Doctor performing laser procedure
A skin biopsy is a procedure in which a small piece of living skin is removed from the body for microscopic pathological examination, to establish a precise diagnosis of the skin condition. We utilize different types of skin biopsies, including punch biopsy, shave biopsy, excision biopsy and incision biopsy.
Dermoscopy is a technique for advanced skin examination using magnification and illumination, applied extensively for mole screening and cancer diagnosis. Dermoscopy not only diagnoses pigmented skin lesions and melanoma, but also a whole variety of dermatoses, including infections and inflammatory conditions.
The department is equipped with latest PUVA (Psoralen plus ultraviolet light) and narrow band UVB chambers to give phototherapy to patients with psorosiasis, vitiligo, and sometimes in other dermatological conditions. Equipped with hand and foot unit, the PUVA machine is also used for treating localized diseases.
Iontophoresis is a process which increases the penetration of drugs into surface tissues by the application of an electric current. It is used with greatest success in the treatment of hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) of the hands and feet.
Our specialized Skin Rejuvenation programme involves glycolic acid peel treatment, which is a specific technique for skin renewal. Essentially, the glycolic acid peel is a controlled removal of surface skin cells that act as a stimulus for renewal of the skin and an improved skin appearance. Performed under supervision of a physician, the treatment is especially designed with products formulated to provide the stimulus for “renewal” of your skin. The process begins with the removal of the damaged layer of skin which lies over the undamaged skin. This removal of the damaged dead cell layer initiates rebuilding and reconstructuring of the deeper skin cells, resulting in skin which appears healthier, plumper and tighter. Glycolic acid is part of the alpha hydroxiacids (AHAs) group of naturally occurring “fruit acids”. Leading dermatologists and plastic surgeons worldwide have long appreciated the positive results of AHA treatments. Numerous clinical publications have also shown the benefits of AHA in improving skin appearance.
Glycolic acid peel treatment results in the following improvements:
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summaryis provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
- In-patient Reports
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|Mr. Taslimur Rahman:
Senior Executive – Billing
Phone: 02-8431661 Ext:1353