- We are committed to ensure discharge arrangements are completed within two hours after the doctor has visited you and given clearance for you to be discharged. You are advised to plan your departure accordingly.
- Your nurse will inform you when the discharge process is complete and your bill has been prepared.
- Ward Secretary will inform the patient/patient’s attendant when the final bill is ready and provide the Billing Clearance Slip. With the Billing Clearance Slip, the patient attendant will go to the IP Billing Counter (located in main lift lobby of Level 1 or Level 7) to settle the bill.
- Billing Department will provide two copies of final bill and settlement money receipt, of which one copy has to be submitted to the Ward Secretary who will then give you Discharge Summary and Investigation Reports.
- The Floor/Ward Doctor will explain the Discharge Summary, along with other instructions.
- While waiting, we hope you will take a few moments to complete our Patient Satisfaction Survey, which will be given to you by a staff member.
- Please have your personal belongings (including items in safekeeping) ready to go and advise the person taking you home to bring the car from the parking lot to the front entrance by the outside lobby.
- In case you require wheel chair/stretcher, ambulance service, please inform the Ward Secretary for the same. Please vacate the room at the earliest convenience for allowing other patients in need to avail the required facilities.
Going Home is a happy time for you, but still care to remember the following issues before leaving the hospital:
- Have you kept the copy of the hospital bill and all other papers given to you by your caregivers? This will help in filling your insurance claim.
- Have you checked the wardrobe, bedside furniture and bathroom for personal items?
- Have you received prescription from your doctor and did you understand the instructions?
- Have you booked a follow-up appointment with your doctor/surgeon?
- Have you returned the Attendant Pass in the In-patient Cash Counter?
- Have you returned your Feedback Form with suggestions to the Ward Secretary?
- Has your Floor Doctor informed you about your discharge medication? If not, please meet him before you leave
- Check-out time is 12.00 noon (grace time at admission is 3 hours and at discharge is 1 hour).
- If the patient discharges after 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm, half day bed charge will be applicable.
- If the patient discharges after 6:00 pm, full-day bed charge will be applicable
Please be prepared to pay the cost of charges not covered by your insurance policy. Please keep copy of the hospital bill and all other papers given to you by your caregivers to help you in filling your insurance claim.