The Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology of Evercare Hospital Dhaka provides comprehensive services to women in the treatment and management of gynaecologic and obstetric conditions – from routine care to complex high-risk situations. We treat variety of problems of female reproductive organs and utilize minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries and laser surgeries. Our maternity services manage and care for women during pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal periods. The department is fully equipped with state-of-the-art Maternity Unit, which has built-in labour OT, labour rooms and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. We also provide breast feeding counselling, as well as antenatal counselling sessions.
Note: Infertility management and IVF procedures are handled by Fertility Centre
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology provides consultation services in level-4 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing the patient’s condition, our Consultants discuss available treatment options and recommend the most effective treatment.
Consultants in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology:
Our medical experts assist patients with routine care such as annual gynaecology exams and prenatal care, as well as more complex issues such as treatment for abnormal pap smears, menstrual disorders, and benign (non-cancerous) tumors or cysts. Our doctors employ minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques to perform gynaecologic surgeries like laparoscopy vaginal hysterectomy, assisted total laparoscopic hysterectomy & myomectomy, laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis, hysteroscopic removal of benign tumours, etc.
Our team works to meet all your needs and preferences from early pregnancy through childbirth and postnatal periods. For patients with pre-existing conditions or who develop complications, our specialists formulate special treatment plan for your care. Our services include:
- Routine Check-up & Ultrasound
- Childbirth: Maternity Unit
- Free UHID for Newborns
- Antenatal Counselling Sessions
We provide routine consultations and check-ups throughout pregnancy by our faculty of top-notch obstetricians. Our ultrasound services include:
- Comprehensive evaluation of fetal anatomy
- Fetal biophysical testing
- Documentation of normal pregnancy
- Gynaecological evaluations, including hysterosonograms
- Pulse and Color Doppler
Our state-of-the-art Maternity Unit is fully equipped to meet all needs of our patients during labour and delivery. The unit includes ultra modern labour OT, delivery rooms and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. We have highly specialized medical staff providing 24-hour care for mother and child.
Our modern Maternity Unit features:
- Exclusive delivery rooms specially designed to create a comfortable setting during labour, delivery and time with the new born
- Continuous electronic monitoring of mother and baby throughout labour and delivery (cardiotocograph & ultrasound)
- Fully equipped operation theatre (OT) with all modern technology on-site where emergency caesarean section can be arranged within 30 minutes
- Painless delivery by epidural analgesia
- 24-hour anaesthesia support from Department of Anaesthesia in case of emergencies.
- On-site blood bank operating round-the-clock
- A neonatologist present at the time of birth to provide initial care for the new born for a healthy start
- Special recovery rooms to support the new mother with one-to-one care and assistance in making breast feeding a successful experience
- State-of-the-art 24-hour Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (under Department of Neonatology) for special medical care of premature babies with complex health problems like pre-maturity, low birth weight, jaundice, and conditions requiring surgery immediately after birth. Neonatal Intensive Care Unit has special features including:
- Blue and yellow light phototherapy for jaundice affected infants
- Open and closed incubators for premature babies
- Hyaline membrane factor therapy for managing underdeveloped lung functioning in premature babies
- Specially trained neonatal nurses working round-the-clock to support newborn baby
- Experienced neonatologist available 24 hours for any special needs
All patients need to go through a one time registration to avail services at Evercare Hospital Dhaka. This one time registration serves the patient lifelong and gives a unique patient ID number called UHID (Unique Hospital Identification) in the form of cards. For details, please go to our Patient Registration & UHID page.
Babies born under Evercare Hospital Dhaka receive UHID cards without any charge. Temporary registration is first provided, which is later replaced by permanent registration. The hospital also provides hardcopies of the registration to parents of the newborn.
The department provides antenatal classes for expecting mothers and their partners, designed to prepare the couple for childbirth and parenthood. The sessions consist of lectures combined with films on topics like normal delivery, dietary requirements of expectant mothers, exercises helping normal delivery, newborn care and family support in pregnancy, breastfeeding, etc. The sessions also include a tour of our delivery rooms and maternity ward. A book entitled “Way to Safe Motherhood” is also provided for the participants, which contains basic information on pregnancy and child birth.
- The sessions will comprise of a group of expectant mothers (not necessarily first time mums) and their partners.
- Duration of the class is 3 hours (including lunch).
- A good time to start these classes will be from at least 10 weeks into pregnancy until at least 6 weeks before delivery.
- Payment for the class is 2,000 Taka
- Participating mothers will need to wear comfortable clothing (for exercises).
Attend our Antenatal Counselling Sessions:
To attend these classes, please call the following numbers:
Obs & Gynae OPD: 02-8431661 Ext. – 1176 Or, Admission Desk: 02-8431661 Ext. – 1091 & 2112
Subjects Covered in Antenatal Counselling Sessions:
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summaryis provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|Mr. Taslimur Rahman:
Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-02-8431661-5; Ext-1353
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)