- About the Department
- Consultation & Appointments
- General Plastic Surgery
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic Surgery
- Important Points about Tests/Procedures/Surgeries, Your Reports & Billing Enquiries
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery of Evercare Hospital Dhaka provides exceptional and extensive services to its patients in several aspects of Plastic Surgery. Our post graduate qualified plastic surgeons utilize the latest techniques and provide a wide variety of aesthetic and reconstructive procedures for both men and women with safe, successful outcomes. The department offers both surgical and non-surgical services to help patients look and feel their best. The diverse works of the Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery Department is unique to Evercare Hospital Dhaka.
Consultant in the Department of Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery:
CONSULTATION & APPOINTMENTS
The Department provides consultation services in level-4 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Consultant, who carefully evaluates each patient. After diagnosing patient’s condition, the Consultant discusses available treatment options and recommends the most effective treatment.
We offer full spectrum of services including:
- General Plastic Surgery
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic SurgeryHand and Microsurgery
- Facio-maxillary Surgery
- Burns Treatment and Rehabilitation
Excision of face tumours
Small and larger benign (non-cancerous) growths of the skin and the underlying tissues are removed with excision and closure, which is a simple surgical process.
Elephantiasis is a rare disorder of the lymphatic system caused by some parasitic worms, which are transmitted by mosquitoes. Inflammation of the lymphatic vessels causes extreme enlargement of the affected area, most commonly a limb. Treatment of elephantiasis usually involves surgery to remove excess skin.
Cleft lip and cleft palate repair
Cleft lip and cleft palate are birth abnormalities of the mouth and lip. Through surgery, these conditions are successfully correctedthrough surgery.
Scar revision surgery improves or minimizes scars on your skin and corrects skin changes (disfigurement) caused by injury, burn, previous surgery or acne.
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive skin-freshening technique that improves signs of aging, poorly textured or sun exposed skin, hyperrpigmentation, and mild scarring. Microdermabrasion uses a device to spray tiny crystals across the face, mixing gentle abrasion with suction to remove the dead, outer layer of skin.
- Thread lift
Thread lift is a convenient, less invasive alternative to conventional face lifts. Thread lift involves insertion of thin threads into the face through tiny incisions made in the targeted area. These threads attach to the skin tissue and are then pulled back to lift and smooth the face. The treated areas are immediately raised slightly, eliminating sagging and giving patients a rejuvenated appearance. Once the threads are knotted, they become hidden within the skin itself.
- Injectables & Fillers
Botox®: Using botulinum toxin, Botox® injections temporarily reduce or eliminate frown lines, forehead creases, crow’s feet near the eyes and thick bands in the neck; it is also used as a treatment for excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis).
|Soft tissue fillers: Injectables of soft tissue fillers are used to improve the appearance of the skin’s texture. They can help fill out deep facial wrinkles, creases and furrows, “sunken” cheeks, skin depressions and some types of scars. They can also b e used to add a fuller, more sensuous look to the lips. Implants of soft tissue fillers are also inserted under the skin as strips, threads, or hollow tubes that serve as a permanent fillers to reduce signs of aging.|
- Whole body contouring
Involving a series of plastic surgery operations, Whole Body Contouring surgeries aim to remove excess fat and skin from specific parts in the entire body. Common locations include abdomen, thighs, buttocks for the lower body, and breasts and upper arms for the upper body.
- Liposuction (suction assisted lipectomy)
Liposuction is a surgical procedure which improves body shape by removing fat deposits with vacuum device from different sites of the body, including abdomen, thighs, buttocks, neck, backs of the arms and elsewhere. During the surgery, the doctor makes small incision and inserts the cannula into fat layers of the targeted areas. The cannula moves rapidly back and forth to loosen fat cells, which are suctioned out using a vacuum device attached to the cannula.
- Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty)
Tummy tuck surgery can flatten the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin and tightening muscles of the abdominal wall.
- Breast Augmentation, Reduction or Reconstruction (Mammaplasty)
Mammaplasty is a common surgical procedure which changes the size of breasts to make them proportional with the body. Breasts augmentation increases breast size by inserting implants filled with saline/ silicon. Breast reduction involves removing excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin; the procedure alleviates many of the discomforts associated with overly large breasts.
- Breast Reconstruction
Breast reconstruction creates a new breast for women who have lost a breast due to cancer or other conditions. This procedure uses a breast implant and then repositions a woman’s own muscle, fat and skin to create or cover the breast mound.
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
Mastopexy or breast lift is designed to raise and reshape sagging breasts by removing excess skin and repositioning the remaining tissue and nipples
- Male breast (gynaecomastia) reduction surgery
Gynaecomastia is an enlargement of the male breast as a result of an abnormal increase in the glandular tissue. This is a quite common condition in men, varying in degree. Gynaecomastia reduction surgery involves small incisions made under the nipple and sometimes in the armpit, using liposuction to remove the fatty tissue. The results of having this surgery is a firmer, more defined, and contoured chest.
- Nose job (Rhinoplasty)
Nose job surgery helps to reshape the nose by reducing or increasing its size. The surgery removes hump, changes shape of the tip or bridge of the nose, narrows span of the nostrils, and changes angle between the nose and upper lip. It may also relieve some breathing problems.
- Face lift
Face lift is a surgical procedure to improve visible signs of aging in the face and neck. This procedure removes excess fat, tightens muscles and redrapes skin of the face and neck, resulting in a more youthful appearance.
- Eye lid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Eyelid surgery corrects droopy upper and lower eyelids by removing excess skin, fat or muscle. It improves baggy skin under the eyes, sinking upper eyelids or drooping eyelashes that impair vision. The surgery can also treat a medical condition called “ptosis” (drooping eyelid) which causes eyelids to hang very low and block vision.
- Ear Surgery (Otoplasty)
Otoplasty or ear surgery can improve the shape, position or proportion of the ear. It can correct a defect in the ear structure that is present at birth, that becomes apparent with development or it can treat deformed ears caused by injury. Ear surgery creates a natural shape, while bringing balance and proportion to the ears and face.
The Department of Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery provides broad services in soft tissue and bone management of hand, treatment of Neuropathies (condition in which a person suffers from peripheral nerve damage often associated with an underlying disease), and re-implantation of body parts, fingers, hands, foot, scalp, etc.
We provide both open and closed fixation of all facial bones, as well as some orthognathic surgeries, i.e. the fixation of jaw deformities by repositioning the jaws and sections of teeth in order to improve bite, jaw function, facial contours, and/or speech. Common orthognathic surgeries performed by the Department include chin augmentation and maxillary (upper jaw) or mandibular (lower jaw) setback services.
- Maxillary setback procedure usually involves advancing the maxilla forward or shortening it.
- Mandibular setback procedure usually involves advancing the mandible forward or moving it backward.
- Osteotomy of both maxiallary & mandible are required for candidates exhibiting an incongruent relationship between the maxilla and mandible
TThe Department is equipped to deal with a variety of burns from flames, electric, acid or friction and complications of these burns. We specialize in primary management, as well as complications such as keloid, hypertrophic scars and contractures.
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summaryis provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|Mr. Taslimur Rahman:
Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-02-8431661-5; Ext-1353
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)