· He is Professor of Gastroenterology at Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India and is working in Evercare Hospital Dhaka after taking leave from the position. PGIMER, Chandigarh is second largest teaching and second best hospital of India
· He is also Visiting Professor in Gastroenterology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh, India
· He has done MD (Medicine) and DM (Gastroenterology) from PGIMER, Chandigarh, India
· He has more than 27 years of teaching experience to medical students
· He has published more than 150 papers in different scientific journal, mostly international.
· He has been Governing Council member of Indian Society of Gastroenterology and Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India
· He is editorial board member of Journal of Digestive Endoscopy and Frontiers in Gastroenterology.
· Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India has conferred honour of “Fellow of Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India”
· He is reviewer for more than 10 national and international journals
· He has extensive experience in advanced therapeutic endoscopy (including ERCP, interventional EUS etc.) and various motility studies.