Dental & Maxillofacial Surgery
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Department of Dental & Maxillofacial Surgery of Evercare Hospital Dhaka offers full scope of the dental specialty, including general dentistry and specialized services in oral & maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics and restorative dentistry (endodontics and prosthodontics). Our aim is to deliver oral health care of the highest standard to our patients through experienced dental surgeons and modern technology. The department provides diagnosis, management and surgical treatment of defects and injuries related to the function and aesthetics of the teeth, gums and jaws. It also provides excellent surgical service for all sorts of maxillofacial surgery & disease.
CONSULTATION & APPOINTMENTS
The department provides consultation services in level-4 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing the patient’s condition, our Consultants discuss available treatment options and recommend the most effective treatment.
Coordinator & Senior Consultant
Consultant - Orthodontics
List of Doctors
We can help you choose top specialists from our pool of expert doctors, physicians and surgeons.
Our Dental Consultants attend patient’s routine dental checkup and recommend appropriate specialized dental care where required. The department’s General Dental services include:
General Dental services of the department are:
- Check-up, scaling and polishing.
- Fillings, extractions and dentures
- Root canal therapy
- Crown and bridgework
- Protective mouth guard
- Dental treatment of medically compromised patients
- Traumatic injuries of teeth and oral cavity.
- Dental treatment for children (Pediatric Dentistry)
- Oral & dental care for old patients (Geriatric Dentistry)
ORAL & MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY
Our oral and maxillofacial surgeons are skilled in managing diseases affecting the teeth, jaws and related structures.
- Dentoalveolar surgery, e.g. Extraction/Surgical Extraction of impacted teeth
- Orthognathic surgery, i.e. correction of dentofacial deformities
- Implant surgery
- Oral cancer surgery
- Maxillofacial trauma/ fractures
- Treatment of benign cysts and tumors of the jaw and mouth cavity.
- Treatment of temporomandibular joint diseases or disorders
- Treatment of oro-facial pain, neuralgic pain
- Treatment of oral mucosal diseases. i.e. Conservative and surgical management of oral mucosal diseases.
- Cosmetic & reconstructive rehabilitation of oral and dental structures.
- Treatment of TMJ ankyloses.
- Correction of congenital defects. e.g. Repair of tongue tie, cleft alveolus and cleft palate.
Orthodontics deal with positioning of misaligned teeth, improvement of dental occlusion and facial aesthetics. Our Orthodontist is specialized in:
- conventional removable or fixed appliance treatment
- combined management of dentofacial deformities
Over last decade dentistry has advanced remarkably in restorative treatment that include preservation of natural tooth structure.
- All types of dental fillings
- Single and multivisit root canal therapy
- Dental onlays, inlays
- Crown and bridge works (Metal,porcelain,ceramage )
- Surgical endodontics.
- Complete and partial denture. (Acrylic,metallic and flexi)
- Dental implants.
- Oral prosthesis for rehabilitation-maxillary obturator,
- Bite appliance for temporomandibular joint disorder.
- Intra-oral prostheses, e.g. obturator, speech bulb.
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT TESTS/PROCEDURES/SURGERIES, YOUR REPORTS & BILLING ENQUIRIES
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- Procedures & Surgeries:
- If you are interested in undergoing a procedure or surgery, please see our relevant Consultant first.
- To search for a Consultant, go to Find a Consultant page and for appointments, go to Make an Appointment
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summary is provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|Mr. Taslimur Rahman:
Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-02-8431661-5; Ext-1353
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)