- Percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage (PTBD).
- Percutaneous biliary stenting for benign and malignant strictures.
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS).
- Embolization for GI bleed/.aneurysms pseudoaneurysms
- Portal vein embolization
- Transjugular liver biopsy (TJLB)
- Splenic pulp embolization for Refractory thrombocytopenia
- Thrombolysis for acute mesenteric ischemia
- HV/IVC Angioplasty Stenting for Budd Chiari syndrome
Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology Department of Evercare Hospital Dhaka offers state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging services, as well as interventional radiology procedures. The department houses the latest digital imaging technologies designed to provide comprehensive services coupled with outstanding patient care and service. A team of highly trained and board-certified radiologists, certified technologists and staff provide the highest level of personalized care to each and every patient. All reports are evaluated and supervised by our post-graduate radiology doctors, ensuring accurate test reports for patients. Evercare Hospital Dhaka is one of the hospitals in Bangladesh to be providing interventional radiology services, which uses imaging in combination with minimally invasive procedures. We have the leading interventional radiologists and facilities in performing these interventional radiology procedures.
The department makes use of both film and latest digital technology in radiography and fluoroscopic applications. Images are archived on picture archiving and communication system (PACS), which is a computerized means of acquiring, storing, transmitting, and displaying images digitally. Through this system, images are easily retrieved and recorded on a CD for optimum efficiency and portability. Thus, patients are provided reports in both film or CD formats, after supervision by a post-graduate doctor.
List of Doctors
We can help you choose top specialists from our pool of expert doctors, physicians and surgeons.
We offer a wide variety of services within each of the following types of imaging:
- CT scan
For further information or appointments for our Radiology & Imaging procedures, please contact Radiology Reception at 8431661 Ext. – 1313.
( Note: For Nuclear Medicine procedures like Cardiac Scan, Hepatobiliary Scan, Bone Scan and Renogram, please go to Department of Nuclear Medicine)
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING (MRI)
- COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (CT)
- VASCULAR & INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY (VIR)
- CONSULTATION SERVICES
An X-ray machine is a device which captures static images and is a film-based X-ray system for conventional X-ray diagnostics. The department uses 500mA x-ray machine to cater to the needs of patients. Computed Radiography (CR) provides digital x-ray images, while Digital Fluoroscopy allows the digital viewing of deep structures of the body in real time.
Portable x-ray machines, movable around the hospital, are used for convenient x-ray purposes. The portable C-arm x-ray machine is used in OT for instant x-rays of bones and fractures, as well as to ensure that catheters have been placed correctly, to check bile ducts, and to locate pacemakers.
Our technologically advanced ultrasound capabilities have expanded to include vascular, breast and obstetrical imaging with subspecialty interpretation for optimum patient care. Services include:
- Abdomen-limited and complete
- Peripheral vascular
Mammography is a type of imaging that uses a low-dose x-ray system to examine breasts and is used to aid in the early detection and diagnosis of breast diseases in women.
MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING (MRI)
At the Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology, high-field MR (1.5 Tesla) is available for all aspects of general and neurological MR imaging:
- Neurovascular MRA
- Peripheral vascular MRA
- Musculoskeletal and Body MRI
- Breast MRI and Biopsy
COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (CT)
Using 128-slice CT technology, Evercare Hospital Dhaka is at the forefront of general, cardiac and neurologic CT diagnostic imaging in adults and children. Our CT services include:
- Neurovascular CT angiography
- Peripheral vascular CT angiography
- Cardiac CT
- Musculoskeletal and body CT
VASCULAR & INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY (VIR)
Vascular & Interventional Radiology is dedicated to the development and application of imaging to guide minimally invasive techniques utilized in diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of conditions.
Interventional Radiology OPD
Evercare Hospital Dhaka has developed a unique and exclusive outpatient assessment clinic for patients referred from outside or self-refereed patients. Evaluation of pervious scans, communication to the referring physicians and counseling to the patient regarding the interventional therapy are considered at Interventional Radiology OPD. We also offer a post procedure follow-up service for these patients where required. In most circumstances we will aim to transfer the patient back to the referring doctor as soon as possible for subsequent clinical care and follow up.
Image guided treatments
Evercare Hospital Dhaka provides comprehensive array of image guided treatments using state of art image guidance methodologies. These are backed up by advanced, dedicated and world class ICUs those offer the most advanced monitoring and treatment for patients with critical health conditions.
Interventions For Bleeding Emergencies
- Embolization for gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Bronchial artery Embolization for massive hemoptysis.
- Embolization for visceral bleeding in polytrauma.
- Uterine artery embolization for post partum hemorrhage
- Embolization of intractable epistaxis
Interventions For Gastrointestinal Diseases
Percutaneous Interventions for Acute Emergencies
Interventions in Peripheral Vascular Disease
Vein Clinic Or Comprehensive Care
Interventions For Obs & Gyn Disorders
Interventions in Nephrology & Urology
Interventions For Vascular Malformations
Dialysis Access Management
Preoperative Embolization of Hypervascular Solid tumor
Interventional Neurovascular Therapy
Department of Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology provides consultation services in level-1 through highly qualified and experienced Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing your condition, we discuss available treatment options and recommend the most effective treatment.
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT TESTS/PROCEDURES/SURGERIES, YOUR REPORTS & BILLING ENQUIRIES
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- Procedures & Surgeries:
- If you are interested in undergoing a procedure or surgery, please see our relevant Consultant first.
- To search for a Consultant, go to Find a Consultant page and for appointments, go to Make an Appointment
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summary is provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|Mr. Taslimur Rahman:
Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-02-8431661-5; Ext-1353
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)