ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Psychiatry of Evercare Hospital Dhaka combines compassionate care and medical expertise to provide comprehensive out-patient treatment for psychiatric disorders. Treatment is voluntary and individually tailored and is provided by a multi-disciplinary team consisting of a psychiatrist, psychologist, trained nurse, and occupational therapist.
CONSULTATION & APPOINTMENTS
The Department provides consultation services in level-2 (OPD), through highly qualified and experienced Psychiatry Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing the patient’s condition, our Consultant discusses available treatment options and recommends the most effective treatment.
The types of psychiatric problems usually managed by the department include:
- Acute stress disorder
- Addiction disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Phobias / Social anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Somatoform disorders
- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders
- Stress and related disorders
- Dementia and other cognitive disorders
- Psychological reactions to medical illnesses
- ADHD and learning disorders
- Behavioral disorders
We have in- patient consultation for admitted patients
We provide variety of assessment, evaluation and management of psychiatric conditions, utilizing different type of testing. Our services include:
- Evaluation of Psychiatric problem
- Attention & behaviour testing
- Full neuropsycological screening
- Marital and family therapy and counselling
- Occupational therapy assessment and treatment
- Intelligence, developmental and academic testing
DAP (DRUGS WITH ADDICTION POTENTIALITY) SCREENING
DAP (Drugs with Addiction Potentiality) Screening, offered by our Master Health Check, is recommended for people with known cases of established drug dependence, history of drug dependence and/or addiction or those who are at risk of developing drug dependence or addiction (e.g. vulnerable age groups living in close association of anti-social groups with history of drug addiction).
| DAP Screening |
- Screening for Cannabinoids
- Screening for Benzodiazepines & Metabolites
- Screening for Opiates
- Screening for Methamphetamine
- Screening for CDT (Carbohydrate-Deficient Transferrin) / Chronic Alcohol Abuse Screening
Note: Individual screening tests can also be carried out as per patient’s requirement; CDT (Carbohydrate – Deficient Transferrin) screening is sometimes carried out individually, when recommended by gastroenterologists to differentiate between alcoholic or non alcoholic liver diseases.
For more details and appointment for DAP Screening, please contact our Master Health Check desk:
MHC Services are available from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, seven days a week.
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT TESTS/PROCEDURES/SURGERIES, YOUR REPORTS & BILLING ENQUIRIES
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- Procedures & Surgeries:
- If you are interested in undergoing a procedure or surgery, please see our relevant Consultant first.
- To search for a Consultant, go to Find a Consultant page and for appointments, go to Make an Appointment
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summary is provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|Mr. Taslimur Rahman:
Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-02-8431661-5; Ext-1353
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)