Dermatology & Venereology
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Department of Dermatology & Venereology of Evercare Hospital Chattogram provides advanced diagnosis and management of diseases of the skin, hair and nails, as well as venereal (sexually transmitted) diseases. The Department aims to deliver the highest quality of care to patients with skin disorders, including skin cancers, immune and allergic processes (e.g. psoriasis, atopic dermatitis), diseases of other organ systems with skin manifestations and venereal diseases. We provide both adult and paediatric dermatological services, as well as cosmetic dermatology. The department applies the latest advances in dermatology in an atmosphere of compassion and respect. We have advanced Laser Centre, Phototherapy Centre, specialized Skin Rejuvenating Program, and we perform procedures like electrocautery & electrosurgery, cryosurgery, intralesional injection, dermoscopy, iontophoresis, and skin biopsies.
ROLE OF DERMATOLOGY
The skin is the largest and most visible organ of the body and acts as a barrier. However, because the skin is more than just a simple wrapping for the body, it is also subjected to many diseases. At one time or another nearly everyone has had some type of skin disease. This is when dermatology and its practitioners, called dermatologists, play an important role.
- Disease of the skin affects all age groups – infants, teenagers, adults, and the aged
- The dermatologist uses a variety of therapeutic tools from antibiotic to scalpel. In fact, dermatologists perform more minor surgeries than a surgeon
- Skin diseases are often associated with internal conditions of the body
- It is good to see a dermatologist as soon as possible when symptoms of skin disease appear
- The dermatologist has to be familiar with skin problems related to general medicine, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatrics, endocrinology, eye, and ENT.
- Expert diagnosis, rapid cure, or good management means decreased cost and less suffering
CONSULTATION & APPOINTMENTS
The department provides consultation services in level-3 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing the patient’s condition, our consultants discuss available treatment options and recommend the most effective treatment.
List of Doctors
We can help you choose top specialists from our pool of expert doctors, physicians and surgeons.
The Department of Dermatology provides medical, cosmetic, pediatric, and surgical dermatology services for all types of skin, hair and nail problems, as well as sexually transmitted diseases. Consultations, as well as diagnostic and clinical services, are provided by our department for the maintenance and treatment of these conditions. We provide advanced treatments for hundreds of dermatological & venereal conditions including the following:
SERVICES & FACILITIES
Our services are provided through advanced facilities and programs:
- Electrocautery & Electrosurgery
Electrocautery and Electrosurgery are surgical techniques which involve introducing high frequency current to a specific area of the body in order to remove or cut unwanted tissue. In Dermatology, these techniques are used for the removal of moles, warts, skin tags, and other skin growths.
Cryosurgery is the procedure which involves the use of liquid nitrogen in subzero temperatures for treating body warts, hand warts, planter warts, genital warts, moles, skin tags, solar keratoses, and small tumours or skin cancers.
|Doctor performing crypsurgery on a patient|
- Intralesional injection
Intralesional injection is the direct delivery of medication percutaneously into specific skin lesions to treat local tissues with minimal side effects. It is used for the treatment of diseases like keloids, Alopecia areata (hair loss/baldness), prurigo nodularis, lichen planus, discoid lupus erythromatosus, and inflammatory acne nodules.
- Laser Procedures
Laser treatment involves the application of a strong laser beam of light for treatment of the skin. We are using laser treatment for the removal of scars, birthmarks, tattoos, unwanted hair, superficial leg veins, stretch marks, and acne scarring, as well as treatment of rosacea, facial blood vessels, pigmentation, age-related cosmetic problems, etc.
|Doctor performing laser procedure|
- Skin Biopsies
A skin biopsy is a procedure in which a small piece of living skin is removed from the body for microscopic pathological examination, to establish a precise diagnosis of the skin condition. We utilize different types of skin biopsies, including punch biopsy, shave biopsy, excision biopsy and incision biopsy.
Dermoscopy is a technique for advanced skin examination using magnification and illumination, applied extensively for mole screening and cancer diagnosis. Dermoscopy not only diagnoses pigmented skin lesions and melanoma, but also a whole variety of dermatoses, including infections and inflammatory conditions.
The department is equipped with latest PUVA (Psoralen plus ultraviolet light) and narrow band UVB chambers to give phototherapy to patients with psorosiasis, vitiligo, and sometimes in other dermatological conditions. Equipped with hand and foot unit, the PUVA machine is also used for treating localized diseases.
Iontophoresis is a process which increases the penetration of drugs into surface tissues by the application of an electric current. It is used with greatest success in the treatment of hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) of the hands and feet.
Our specialized Skin Rejuvenation programme involves glycolic acid peel treatment, which is a specific technique for skin renewal. Essentially, the glycolic acid peel is a controlled removal of surface skin cells that act as a stimulus for renewal of the skin and an improved skin appearance. Performed under supervision of a physician, the treatment is especially designed with products formulated to provide the stimulus for “renewal” of your skin. The process begins with the removal of the damaged layer of skin which lies over the undamaged skin. This removal of the damaged dead cell layer initiates rebuilding and reconstructuring of the deeper skin cells, resulting in skin which appears healthier, plumper and tighter. Glycolic acid is part of the alpha hydroxiacids (AHAs) group of naturally occurring “fruit acids”. Leading dermatologists and plastic surgeons worldwide have long appreciated the positive results of AHA treatments. Numerous clinical publications have also shown the benefits of AHA in improving skin appearance.
Glycolic acid peel treatment results in the following improvements:
· Minimize the visible signs of aging and age spots, softening of fine lines and diminution of course lines from sun damage
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT TESTS/PROCEDURES/SURGERIES, YOUR REPORTS & BILLING ENQUIRIES
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in Level-3, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in level-1, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8:30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Front Desk, OPD- Level-2,3).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- Procedures & Surgeries:
- If you are interested in undergoing a procedure or surgery, please see our relevant Consultant first.
- To search for a consultant, go to Find a Consultantpage and for appointments, go to Make an Appointment
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summary is provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (IP Billing Desk, Front desk, OPD- level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (IP Billing – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Concern:
Md. Rashadul Islam
Deputy Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-0241380350-61 Ext- 1031
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)