Paediatric Surgery & Paediatric Urology
Paediatric Surgery & Paediatric Urology care at Evercare Hospital Chattogram
Department of Paediatric Surgery & Paediatric Urology of Evercare Hospital Chattogram provides comprehensive paediatric surgical and paediatric urological service for infants and children. The Department is under the leadership of Prof. Dr. Md. Minhajuddin Sajid with an experienced medical team.
The department is well-known for its achievements in paediatric minimally invasive surgery, paediatric reconstructive urological surgery, childhood incontinence care and paediatric tumour surgery. We provide modern laser circumcision, which ensures almost no bleeding & pain, and has shorter recovery time and more aesthetic results as compared to conventional circumcision.
Paediatric Surgery is different from other surgical principles as it deals with children, who are special patients because of their potential to grow, anatomic variations, different disease patterns, and different psychology. In Paediatric Surgery, precision is of utmost importance and ever vigilance is the rule. We treat our paediatric patients very delicately and with compassion, keeping in mind the emotion and feelings of the parents and family.
CONSULTATION & APPOINTMENTS
Department of Paediatric Surgery & Paediatric Urology provides consultation services in level-2 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing your condition, we discuss available treatment and surgery options, and recommend the most effective treatment.
- GENERAL PAEDIATRIC SURGERY
- NEWBORN & CONGENITAL MALFORMATIONS
- PAEDIATRIC UROLOGY
- PAEDIATRIC TUMOUR SURGERY
- PAEDIATRIC EMERGENCY SURGERY
GENERAL PAEDIATRIC SURGERY
- Scalpel circumcision and laser circumcision
- Pyloric stenosis
- Inguinal hernias and hydroceles
- Umbilical hernia
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Branchial cysts, sinusitis, and remnants
- Breast disorders
- Malrotation and volvulus
- Meckel’s diverticulum
- Neck abnormalities (neck lump, neck pain)
- Swelling, discharge or opening in the face
- Pancreatic cysts
- Short bowel syndrome
- Spleen Problems (Laparascopic Splenectomy)
- Thyroglossal duct cysts and sinuses
- Lumps and bumps
- Chronic and acute constipation
- Burns and scalds
NEWBORN & CONGENITAL MALFORMATIONS
- Intestinal obstruction
- Abdominal wall defects (omphalocele, gastroschisis, hernias and hydrocele)
- Diaphragmatic hernia
- Cleft lip and cleft palate
- Oesophageal atresia and tracheoesophageal fistula
- Hypertrophic pyloric stenosis
- Intestinal atresia
- Necrotizing enterocolitis
- Meconium plugs
- Hirschsprung’s disease
- Bile duct malformations
- Pancreas malformations
- Portal vein disorders
- Lung malformations
- Anorectal malformations
- Chest wall deformities
Paediatric urologists treat conditions of the male reproductive tract, and the male and female urinary tracts (kidney, ureter, bladder and urethra). Our paediatric urological services include:
- Bedwetting (nocturnal enuresis)
- Urinary inconsistency
- Scalpel circumcision and laser circumcision
- Undescended testes
- Abnormally located urethral opening (hypospadias)
- Distention of the kidney in utero (antenatal hydronephrosis)
- Ureteropelvic junction obstruction
- Urinary tract infection
- Kidney diseases like cystic kidney disease, hydronephrois, vesicoureteric reflux
- Hydroureter, duplication of ureter
- Neurogenic bladder
- Posterior urethral valve or any problem related to normal voiding
- Hypospadias (abnormal urinary opening)
- Surgery for ambiguous genitalia (abnormal external genitalia in male and female children)
- congenital urologic malformations (e.g. bladder exstrophy, vesicoureteral reflux, ureteral stenosis)
- Absent/undescended testes
PAEDIATRIC TUMOUR SURGERY
- Wilms’ tumour or any kidney tumour
- Sacrocoocygeal teratoma (abnormal swelling in the back)
- Intra abdominal tumour/ swelling
- Lymphoma and others
- Sarcoma and swelling of the back
PAEDIATRIC EMERGENCY SURGERY
The treatment of severely injured children is one of the main responsibilities of Paediatric Surgery and Paediatrics. Cranial, cerebral and spinal injuries, as well as burns and scalds, are treated with a multidisciplinary approach.
Treatments & Procedures
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT TESTS/PROCEDURES/SURGERIES, YOUR REPORTS & BILLING ENQUIRIES
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in Level-3, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in level-1, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8:30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Front Desk, OPD- Level-2,3).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- Procedures & Surgeries:
- If you are interested in undergoing a procedure or surgery, please see our relevant Consultant first.
- To search for a Consultant, go to Find a Consultantpage and for appointments, go to Make an Appointment
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summary is provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (IP Billing Desk, Front desk, OPD- level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (IP Billing – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Concern:
Md. Rashadul Islam
Deputy Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-0241380350-61 Ext- 1031
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)