ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Department of Neurology of Evercare Hospital Chattogram provides comprehensive consultative services, diagnostic testing and treatment for a broad spectrum of neurological conditions, including diseases of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles. Evercare Hospital Chattogram is the only hospital in the country to be providing advanced and comprehensive Neurology & Neurosurgery facilities under one roof. The department uses the latest technology and facilities, and is staffed by an experienced team of neurologists, nurses and technologists, who are committed to patient care. Neuro Rehabilitation services are provided for our patients in association with physiotherapy.
List of Doctors
We can help you choose top specialists from our pool of expert doctors, physicians and surgeons.
Neurology Department offers management of a variety of neurological conditions in both adults and children; the most common include:
- Epilepsy, seizures and other types of unconsciousness
- Headaches of different types
- Brain infections like meningitis, encephalities, etc.
- Paralysis of different kinds
- Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders
- Cerebral palsy and other developmental disorders of children
- Behavioral disorders
- Degenerative brain diseases
- Memory problems/ dementia
- Neck, back, lower back, arm & leg pains and tingling
- Cervical, lumbo-sacral spondysosis
- Some types of brain tumours
- Other neurological diseases
CONSULTATION & APPOINTMENT
The department provides consultation services in level-3 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Neurology Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing the patient’s condition, they discuss available treatment options and recommend the most effective treatment.
Stroke Patient saved by right decision at the right time
A 48 years old lady was brought by her attendants to the Emergency department of the Evercare Hospital Chattogram. Emergency team found weakness of the right half of her body & inability to lift her right extremity, not able to speak properly with facial deviation. On duty Emergency Physician, suspected brain stroke and advised for MRI of the brain immediately.
MRI was done & it reveals an acute stroke due to blood clot blocking a blood vessel supplying within the brain. Stroke Neurology team led by Dr. Khandker Mahbubar Rahman (Senior Consultant-Neurology) was activated immediately. Since the stroke event was within 4.5 hours, a clot buster popularly known as rtPA (recombinant tissue plasminogen activator), was given slowly IV over 1 hour in the emergency department. After completing her injection in Emergency over 1 hour she was sent to critical care unit under neurology for observation
It was a miracle waiting for the physicians & the patient on the next morning!!
She was found completely normal on the next day. There was no significant weakness or speech problem. She was shifted to step down unit 24 hrs after the injection. After 24 hours in a cabin for observation she was discharged on the 3rd day as a normal person with no deficit.
One major problem with thrombolysis is that it has to be instituted within the first to four and half hours and, unfortunately many people do not recognize the initial warning signs of a stroke. Delaying treatment makes it in many cases difficult or impossible to treat. It is important for a suspected stroke to rush in an emergency department within 1 to 3 hours, for complete recovery.
Evercare Hospital Chattogram, showing commitment towards their vision to bring international standard health care to Bangladesh, will continue their journey as a unique Stroke center in this country to bring more and more successful results in treating acute stroke patient.
TESTS & TREATMENTS
- Biofeedback Therapy
Our team of neurologists, psychiatrists, psychologists, sleep medicine specialists, gastroenterologists and pain medicine specialists will utilize several physical and mental exercises to help control patient’s chronic pain and teach a series of exercises that the patient can do at home.
Neuroradiologists perform x-rays of the skull for evaluating the fractures of the bones of the skull and detecting other conditions of the skull and brain.
| Make Appointment for X-ray: Call Radiology Reception at 8431661 Ext.-1313|
- CT Scan and CT Angiogram (CTA)
Radiologists use the most advanced CT technology (64 slice CT scanner) to obtain the greatest possible visual detail of the patient’s brain.
|Make Appointment for CT scan/CTA: Call Radiology Reception at 8431661 Ext.-1313|
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) & Magnetic Resonance Angiogram (MRA)
Evercare Hospital Chattogram offers advanced high-field MRI technology (1.5 tesla) that utilizes powerful magnetic fields and radiofrequencies to help us make accurate diagnoses of neurological disorders.
| Make Appointment for MRI/MRA: Call Radiology Reception at 8431661 Ext.-1313|
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
An electroencephalogram (EEG) at Evercare Hospital Chattogram is one of many diagnostic procedures performed to measure electrical brain activity.
| Make Appointment for EMG/NCS: Call Neurology Reception at 8431661 Ext.-1124 |
- Electromyography (EMG)& Nerve Conduction Study (NCS)
Electromyography (EMG) involves testing the electrical activity of muscles, while Nerve Conduction Study (NCS) measures the conducting function of nerves.
| Make Appointment for EMG/NCS: Call Neurology Reception at 8431661 Ext.-1124|
- Evoked Potentials Studies
Evercare neurologists have specialized expertise in using evoked potentials studies (first in Bangladesh) to assist in the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis and other neurological disorders. The hospital offers visual, auditory and brainstem Evoked Potentials Studies.
| Make Appointment for Evoked Potentials Studies: Call Neurology Reception at8431661 -1124 |
- Lumbar Puncture (Spinal Tap)
Neurologists at Evercare Hospital Chattogram are experienced in using lumbar puncture (also known as a “spinal tap”) in developing an accurate diagnosis for neurological conditions.
- Muscle Biopsy & Histopathology Service
Histopathologists of Lab Medicine Department use variety of procedures to diagnose muscular dystrophy, myasthenia gravis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and other neuromuscular conditions, including a muscle biopsy.
All imaging reports are evaluated by qualified and experienced neuro-radiologists. Neurophysiology studies are conducted and supervised by trained and experienced neurophysiologist and reported by qualified neurologist and clinical neurophysiologist.
Note: Interventional procedures and neurosurgeries are handled by Department of Neurosurgery.
Neurorehabilitation is provided to patients by Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Centre. Rehabilitation services, including occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech therapy, aims to aid in the management or recovery of patients with neurological injury or illness, and to minimize and/or compensate for any functional alterations resulting from it. Patients are provided with specialized outpatient and in-patient rehabilitation services through our Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Centre and are offered comprehensive services and care of the highest quality.
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT TESTS/PROCEDURES/SURGERIES, YOUR REPORTS & BILLING ENQUIRIES
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in Level-3, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 8:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in level-1, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 9.00 am to 6:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, OPD, Level-3).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- Procedures & Surgeries:
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summary is provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, OPD, level 3) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (IP Billing – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Concern:
Md. Rashadul Islam
Deputy Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-0241380350-61 Ext- 1030
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)