- Understanding Your Rights & Responsibilities
- Your Rights as a Patient
- Your Responsibilities as a Patient
Healthcare is a two way process between you (the patient) and the staff who care for you. You have the right to expect high quality care, but there are also things you can do to help ensure that you receive this. Evercare Hospital Dhaka believes it is important for patients to understand both their right and their responsibilities in this process.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A PATIENTEach and every member of Evercare Hospital Dhaka is committed towards providing you excellent care, both clinical and personal. It is our policy to ensure that your individuality and dignity is respected and you receive timely, safe and comfortable care. We support your rights and encourage you to participate in critical and vital decisions which affect your well-being. Our constant endeavour is to go beyond your expectations in respect to your care and with this intent, we wish to inform you of the various rights you have as a patient in this hospital.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A PATIENTYour rights are balanced by your responsibilities as a patient, which can help your caregivers work more efficiently. Please do the following and help yourself, as well as the hospital staff:
- Be on time for appointments and inform the hospital if you cannot keep the appointment.
- Be honest with your healthcare providers and inform your physician about your present illness, previous hospitalization details, and any other matter relating to your health which would help the physician treat you better. We request you to participate in decision making and ask questions in case of doubts.
- The hospital staffs have demanding work, often under stressful circumstances. You can help them by treating them considerately. Violence or racial, sexual or verbal abuse is completely unacceptable.
- Please follow all advice given by your caregivers. If you are worried or have any doubt about an advice, discuss it with your caregiver.
- Please take all the medicines prescribed to you by your doctor and complete the course of treatment.
- Improvement of services will only be successful if we know what you think about them. Help the staff by filling the "Feedback Forms" if they approach you.
- Use emergency services in a real emergency situation only. Do not forget that there are seriously ill people who need to use these services.
- Respect the rights of other patients and staff of the hospital. Please ensure that your visitors are considerate to other patients, and strictly observe the "Visiting Hours" policy of the hospital.
- Please observe "No Smoking" and other rules of the hospital.
- It is your responsibility to be prompt with payment of your hospital bills, and to provide information essential for processing your bills, wherever necessary.