• He completed his MBBS from AFMC Pune India in 1985 and his post-graduation MS surgery in 1994 from university of Delhi and DNB from National Academy of Medical Sciences New Delhi in 1995. He has been awarded a Medal by His Excellency The President of India for meritorious and distinguished service in 1990. In recognition of this he has been awarded Fellowship in Laparoscopic Colo-Rectal Surger y (FLCS), Fellow Indian Association of Surgeons (FAIS), and he is Fellow of Indian Association of Gastro-Endoscopic Surgeons (FIAGES). He is a nominated member of National Academy of Medical Science New Delhi (MNAMS).
• He has extensive training in Onco-Surgery ( Cancer)under Maj. Gen. S. K. Sarker and Maj. Gen. P. Subhas and Basic and Advanced laparoscopic surgery from world renowned Padam Shree Dr. PK Chowbey in Sir Ganga Ram Hospital and Max Devki Devi Hospital, New Delhi.
• He has 22 years of post-graduate experience of which he has been performing highly advanced and complex laparoscopic surgeries as mentioned below-
• Areas of Specialization:
1. ADVANCED LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERIES (MAS)
2. HEPATOBILIARY AND PANCREATIC (HPB) SURGERIES
3. GASTRO-INTESTINAL AND COLO-RECTAL CANCER SURGERIES
4. BENIGN AND CANCER BREAST SURGERIES MALE AND FEMALE
5. UPPER GI LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERIES
6. LIVER RESECTIONS AND LAPAROSCOPIC LIVER TRAUMA SURGERY
7. LONGO/STAPLER HEMORRHOIDECTOMY FOR PILES
9. HERNIA SURGERIES – OPEN AND LAPAROSCOPIC
10. FISTULA TREATMENT WITH VAAFT
11. LAPAROSCOPIC SPLENIC SURGERIES
12. LAPAROSCOPIC GI AND COLON SURGERIES
13. ABDOMINAL TRAUMA
14. SURGERY FOR RETROPERITONEAL TUMORS
Before joining Evecare Hospital Dhaka he had performed more than 5000 major and complex laparoscopic surgeries to his credit.
• He has a series of major surgeries like Laparascopic GI surgeries, Pancreatico- Jejunostomies , Total Gastrectomies and Esophago Gastrectomies for Cancer esophagus , Liver resections and Biliary Bypass surgeries for Bile duct cancers and Laparoscopic Liver injury repairs done here in Evercare Hospital Dhaka in the past 4 years that he has been here.
• His specialization of choice is Onco- surgery and GI Laparoscopic Surgery.
• He is also trained in Bariatric surgery ( Minimal Access Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery ( MAMBS)
• He is life member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), Indian Association of Gastro-Endoscopic Surgeons (IAGES), Hernia Society of India (HSI), Asia-Pacific Hernia Society (APHS), Urological Society of India (USI), Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI).