Dr. Abu Jafar Mohammed Saleh
Qualification: MBBS, FCPS (Hematology)
Specialties: Management of all types of leukemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma and
Bone marrow Transplant.
Joined in Evercare Hospital Dhaka as Consultant & Co-ordinator of Hematology & Stem cell Transplant department in November 2014. More than 9 years (September 2005 to October 2014) working experience at King Faisal Specialist hospital and Research center in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia where involved with more than 1500 bone marrow transplants.
1. Al-Zahrani H, Nassar A, Saleh AJ, et al. Fludarabine-based conditioning chemotherapy for allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in acquired severe aplastic anemia. Biol Blood and Marrow Transplant. 2011 May;17(5):717-22. doi: 10.1016/j.bbmt.2010.08.013
2. Bakr M, Rasheed W, Saleh AJ, et al. Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in adolescent and adult patients with high-risk T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2012 Dec;18(12):1897-904. doi: 10.1016/j.bbmt.2012.07.011.
3. Walter CU, Mohareb FA, Saleh AJ, et al. The t(9;11) confers good prognosis in AML patients treated with stem cell transplantation as compared to non-t(9;11) and other adverse-risk abnormalities. Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Ther. 2012;5(3):169-70. doi: 10.5144/1658-3876.2012.169.
4. Hamadah I, Binamer Y, Saleh AJ. Squamous cell carcinoma of the lip after allogeneic hemopoietic stem cell transplantation. Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Ther. 2010;3(2):84-8.
5. Mohamed SY, Abdel-Nabi I, Saleh AJ. Systemic thromboembolic complications after laparoscopic splenectomy for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in comparison to open surgery in the absence of anticoagulant prophylaxis. Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Ther. Publisher: Elsevier. 2010;3(2):71-7
6. Al Qudaihi G, Lehe C, Saleh AJ, et al. Enhancement of lytic activity of leukemic cells by CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocytes generated against a WT1 peptide analogue. Leuk Lymphoma. 2009 Feb;50(2):260-9. doi: 10.1080/10428190802578478.
7. Khalid Ahmed Al-Anazi, Saleh Abu Jafar, Asma Marzouq Al-Jasser, et al. Brucella bacteremia in a recipient of an allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant: A case report .BMC. 2009 in Cases journal. doi: 10.1186/1757-1626-2-91
8. Saleh Abu Jafar. Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation from Mostly Sibling Donors for Adolescent and Adult Patients with High-risk Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: 20-year Experience. Marrow Transplantation, Volume 47 Supplement 1 April 2012. 38th Annual Meeting of the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Apr 2012; Conference: Volume 47 Supplement, At Geneva
F. Al Mohareb ,A.J.M. SalehFavorable outcome of single locus related mismatch HSCT for class I antigen in patients of Eastern Mediterranean background. Conference: 37th Annual Meeting of the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation, 2011; Conference Paper ·Apr 2011;Paris.
10. A.J.M. Saleh. High efficacy and low toxicity of short-course oral valganciclovir as pre-emptive therapy for hematopoietic stem cell transplant cytomegalovirus infection. · Hematology/ Oncology and Stem Cell Therapy. Jul 2010;
12. A.J.M. Saleh. Maternal acute lymphoctic leukemia with rearrangement of the mixed lineage leukemia gene occurring during pregnancy· Hematology/ Oncology and Stem Cell Therapy. Jul 2009;
13. A.J.M. Saleh. Allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation in AML t(8;21) in first complete remission gives superior relapse free survival over repetitive high-dose cytosine arabinoside in certain populations. Bone Marrow Transplantation. Mar 2009
14. Mahmoud Aljurf; A.J.M. Saleh, Syed Osman Ahmed. MLL gene in maternal and infantile acute lymphoblastic leukemia and the effect of Estrogen. Leukemia Research. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.leukres.2011.02.013 .
15. A.J.M. Saleh, Ayman Alhejazi, Syed Osman Ahmed, et al. Leukemia during pregnancy: Long term follow up of 32 cases from a single institution. Hematology/Oncology and Stem Cell Therapy. January 2014 Volume 7, Issue 2, DOI:10.1016/j.hemonc.2014.03.001
16. , , et al. Bone marrow clearance of leukemic blasts on day 14 of induction determines prognosis and helps in stratification of adolescents and adults with de novo acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Conference: EHA. January 2012
Guidelines for the Management of Hematological Malignancies -KFSHRC Riyadh (4th Edition). Publisher: King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh.