Dr. lqbal Murshed Kabir , MBBS (DMC), FCPS (Medicine), MD (Gastroenterology), FRCP (Glasgow, UK)
Department: Gastroenterology & Hepatology
• He has 24 years of experience as clinician.
• Dr. lqbal secured 2nd in SSC and 3rd in HSC (combined merit list) from Faujdarhat Cadet College under Comilla Board. He was awarded Chancellor Prize from the President of Bangladesh. He Obtained MBBS degree from Dhaka Medical College (DMC).
• He obtained FCPS (Medicine) from BCPS and MD (Gastroenterology) from BSMMU. He did 1-year Fellowship in Gastroenterology in Yamanashi Medical University, Japan. Subsequently, he attended several workshops and training programs in Bangladesh, India, China, Turkey, Australia, Austria and France.
• He worked in the Department of Gastroenterology at BIRDEM Hospital for 8 years. He has served in Bangladesh Medical College and Hospital, Dhanmondi as Associate Professor and Head of the Department of Gastroenterology. In both places, he acquired vast exposure to patient management and endoscopic procedures including ERCP. At the time of his promotion to the post of a Professor, he joined Apollo Hospital Dhaka. (Now Evercare Hospital Dhaka).
• He has special interest and vast exposure to management of the patients with Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and Fatty Liver. He accomplished the first research study on Fatty Liver in Bangladesh.
• Dr. lqbal performed numerous cases of diagnostic and therapeutic Upper GI Endoscopy, Colonoscopy and Therapeutic ERCP.