Endocrinology & Diabetology
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Endocrinology & Diabetology of Evercare Hospital Chattogram has gained reputation as a leading centre in clinical endocrinology. The department offers comprehensive diagnosis and management for a wide range of hormonal and metabolic disorders. The department provides team-based services by working in close collaboration with specialists in allied disciplines. The department is also ably supported by Lab Medicine Department in providing a wide array of biochemical investigations and hormone assays.
CONSULTATION & APPOINTMENTS
The Department provides consultation services in level-3 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Endocrinology & Diabetology Consultant, who carefully evaluates each patient. After diagnosing patient’s condition, our consultant discusses available treatment options and recommends the most effective treatment.
List of Doctors
We can help you choose top specialists from our pool of expert doctors, physicians and surgeons.
The department manages variety of hormonal and metabolic disorders, including the following:
- Hyperglycemia & hypoglycemia
- Thyroid disorders
- Cholesterol disorders
- Hypertension and hypotension
- Adrenal diseases
- Pituitary diseases
- Growth disorders (short and tall stature)
- Disorders of sexual development and function
- Disorders of calcium and bone metabolism
SERVICES & FACILITIES
- Consultation services
- A full range of biochemical investigative assays including assays for all major peptides and steroid hormones, and HPLC/electrochemical detection for plasma and urinary catecholamines.
- Helical whole body and brain CT scanning, 1.5 Tesla MRI, dual emission x-ray, and venous catheterization for localization of hormone secretion.
- A fully equipped Department of Nuclear Medicine carrying out radioisotope studies into all major endocrine glands.
- Medications and hormone therapy
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT TESTS/PROCEDURES/SURGERIES, YOUR REPORTS & BILLING ENQUIRIES
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in Level-3, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in level-1, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8:30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Front Desk, OPD- Level-2,3).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- Procedures & Surgeries:
- If you are interested in undergoing a procedure or surgery, please see our relevant Consultant first.
- To search for a consultant, go to Find a Consultantpage and for appointments, go to Make an Appointment
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summary is provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (IP Billing Desk, Front desk, OPD- level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (IP Billing – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Concern:
Md. Rashadul Islam
Deputy Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-0241380350-61 Ext- 1031
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)