Dr. Tahera Nazrin, MBBS (SSMC), DCH (BICH), FCPS (Paed)
Senior Consultant & Coordinator
Department: Paediatric Cardiology
- Dr. Tahera Nazrin is a Paediatric Cardiologist who was endowed with fellowships in Clinical & Interventional Paediatric Cardiology from Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospital at Bangalore, Rabindranath Tagore Institute of Cardiac Sciences (RTIICS) at Kolkata and Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Jaipur in India.
- She also obtained advanced fellowship from National University Hospital (NUH), Singapore in Paediatric Cardiology.
- She is an expert in the field of Interventional Paediatric Cardiology including device closure of holes in hearts (ASD, VSD & PDA), coil embolization of MAPCAs, temporary pacemaker implantation, balloon pulmonary valvuloplasty (BPV), balloon aortic valvuloplasty (BAV), coarctoplasty, balloon atrial septostomy (BAS),diagnostic catheterization and oximetry.
- She is highly skilled in 2D,3D & colour doppler echocardiography (TTE, TEE & foetal), management of preoperative & postoperative children with heart diseases, Kawasaki disease, Marfan syndrome, Rheumatic carditis and arrhythmia patients, holter monitoring and ICU care.
- She was the Clinical & Interventional Paediatric Cardiologist at IBN Sina Cardiac Center and thereafter at Ibrahim Cardiac Hospital & Research Institute (ICHRI) as Assistant Professor in Cardiology department.
- She has many publications and she has been participating in National and International seminars and workshops in the Clinical and Interventional field of Paediatric Cardiology.
- She graduated from Sir Salimullah Medical College & Mitford Hospital.
- She obtained her post-graduation FCPS (Fellow of College of Physicians and Surgeons-Bangladesh) and Diploma in Child Health (from BICH) in Paediatrics.
- Her post-graduation training was in Dhaka Shishu Hospital and Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU).