Urology Services at Evercare Hospital Chattogram
The Department of Urology at Evercare Hospital Chattogram is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art medical and surgical care for all specialties of male and female urology (both adult and paediatric), as well as male infertility problems. Each year, our highly experienced urologists treat hundreds of patients, providing expert diagnosis, care and surgeries for complete range of urological conditions.
CONSULTATION & APPOINTMENT
The department provides consultation services through highly qualified and experienced Urology Consultant who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing the patient’s condition, our Consultant discusses available treatment options and recommends the most effective treatment.
The Department of Urology offers medical and surgical treatment options for all specialties of urology, including:
- GENERAL UROLOGY
- NEURO UROLOGY
- FEMALE UROLOGY
- ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
- MALE INFERTILITY
- RECONSTRUCTIVE UROLOGY
- KIDNEY FAILURE: KIDNEY TRANSPLANT PROGRAM
- UROLOGICAL SURGERIES
- Kidney Stone Clinic
- Female Urology Clinic
Urodynamic studies (UDS) Urodynamic studies (UDS) assess the function of lower urinary tract (bladder, urethra, and pelvic floor muscles) by measuring various aspects of bladder filling and emptying. The urodynamic “machine” is a wheeled cart called the “Triton”, which houses the measuring and recording devices, computer and printer. Urodynamic tests include one or more of different components (as needed by the patient) given below:
- Bladder pressure during filling and emptying (cystometry)
- Cystometry with X-ray observation (cystometrogram)
- Abdominal pressure (rectal manometry)
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment (sphincter electromyography – EMG)
- Urine flow rate (uroflowmetry)
- Abdominal ultrasound pre and post voiding
- Biofeedback (uro-stimulation “Urostym” training)
Other uro-diagnostic investigations
- Male infertility evaluation
- Prostate biopsy
- Blood tests
- CT scans
General Urology covers all common urological conditions, including:
- Hematuria (Blood in the Urine)
- Peyronie’s Disease
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Vesicoureteral Reflux
- Other urinary disorders
We offer a variety of treatment options, depending on the condition of the patient, such as:
- Oral prescription medications
- Injection therapies using medications
- Nerve stimulation therapies
- The latest slings, pessaries and other medical devices
- Surgical treatment, including minimally invasive and endoscopic surgeries
The department has facilities for complete surgical treatment of prostate, bladder, kidneys, testes, penis, and urethra cancers in adults and children, supervised by uro-cancer surgeons. We offer minimally invasive endoscopic surgical techniques. Whenever possible, we first try to treat patients with these procedures, which typically enable patients to recover more quickly.
Every year, our urologists care for hundreds of patients with lower urinary tract dysfunction caused by neurological disorders, like stroke, paraplegia, post head injury, brain or spine surgery, Parkinson’s disease and other nervous system disorders. We offer advanced surgery options, as well as non-surgical procedures like:
- Successful injection therapies for incontinence and voiding dysfunctions
- Biofeedback techniques and physical therapy through our Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Centre
- Non-invasive and minimally invasive nerve-stimulation therapies, including sacral neuromodulation for incontinence and voiding dysfunctions
The department provides advanced and comprehensive care for urological disorders in females, including:
- Urinary incontinence
- Voiding dysfunctions
- Pelvic prolapse
- Injuries to organs and tissues of the urinary tract
- Abnormalities of the urinary tract (e.g. urinary sphincter defects)
- Urinary problems around and after menopause
Impotence or erectile dysfunction (ED) may result from the total inability or an inconsistent ability to achieve erection, or the ability to only sustain a brief erection. Over 10% of the adult male population are faced with this problem, which may be as a consequence of aging or some specific underlying medical condition.
The Department of Urology provides facilities for full investigation and confidential treatment of erectile dysfunction, including medications, therapies such as vacuum pump devices and intra-penile injections, and surgery for straightening of penis, penile implants, etc.
The department offers complete range of facilities for investigation of male infertility. Men with infertility problems may have problems with sperm production and obstruction of sperm release from the reproductive system. Treatment options vary depending on the cause of infertility, such as lifestyle changes, medications and surgical procedures.
Surgery for Obstruction
Our doctors are highly skilled in microsurgical techniques that can repair or address various reproductive tract obstructions.
- Microsurgical varicocele repair: Varicoceles, a network of abnormally dilated veins in the testes, can have a negative impact on sperm or testosterone production and are the most common cause of male infertility. We use a microscope in repairing varicoceles, the gold standard for this procedure
- Microsurgical vasectomy reversal: This delicate operation can restore sperm to the ejaculate in men who previously have had a vasectomy
- Transurethral resection of the ejaculatory ducts: We can open the ejaculatory ducts to alleviate an obstruction at the last portion of the reproductive tract
The department is staffed by skilled and experienced surgeons who perform total and partial reconstructions of the urinary tract. Patients operated have developed incontinence or other urinary-tract disorders from cancer, cancer therapies, accidents or deformities. More of these procedures are being performed with minimally invasive techniques, which typically reduce recovery times. Our surgeons administer treatments including:
- Replacement of bladders removed due to cancer or other diseases
- Surgical repair of disfigurements caused by burns and genital traumas
- Urinary-tract reconstruction during the removal of malignant tumors
- Surgery to correct abnormalities, such as uretero-pelvic junction (UPJ), a blockage that interferes with normal urination
- Reconstruction of congenital abnormalities like hypospadias, epispadias, etc.
- Innovative reconstructive procedures such as:
Orthotopic neo bladder: A section of the bowel is used to create a replacement bladder, which connects to the urethra, directing the flow of urine from the body. This treatment doesn’t require the patient to wear a catheter or collection bag
Split-thickness skin grafting: This innovative technique involves the structural and cosmetic repair of the groin following extensive tumor resections
Pyeloplasty: a kidney surgery to reconstruct a damaged ureter and renal pelvis; in uretero-pelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction patients, the surgery removes urinary blockage and restores normal function
Urethroplasty: a surgical procedure for urethral reconstruction to treat urethral stricture, injury or defect in the walls of the urethra
KIDNEY FAILURE: KIDNEY TRANSPLANT PROGRAM
Our urologists perform a variety of surgical procedures for all specialties of Urology. The following is a list of urological surgeries we commonly perform:
- Non-scalpel vasectomies
- Biopsies to collect and evaluate tissue of the prostate or bladder for abnormalities
- Neurostimulator testing for patients with overactive bladder syndrome
- Cystoscopies to examine the bladder for abnormalities
- Laser treatment of bladder tumours
- Insertion and removal of temporary stents for kidney stones
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures for genitourinary cancers
- Reconstructive and minimally disfiguring surgery for genitourinary cancers
- Laser surgery to treat diseases of the prostate and bladder
- Laser lithotripsy for bladder and kidney stones Photovaporization to eliminate enlarged prostate tissue
- Endourology procedures for treatment for prostrate (TURP), bladder tumours (TURBT), urethral strictures/narrowing of urinary passage (VIU), bladder stone (PCNL), ureteric stone (URS), etc.
Kidney Stone Clinic
Patients need to visit our kidney stone clinic who have/had more than one kidney stone are prone for recurrence of stone. Treatments available in kidney stone clinic like Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL) for non-surgical removal of kidney stone, Endourological management of stones by PCNL, URS, PCLT etc, Metabolic work up high risk patients, analysis of urinary stones, Prevention of stone recurrence by dietary recommendation and nutritional guidelines based on stone composition.
Female Urology Clinic
Female Patients need to visit our female urology clinic who have frequent urination, urgent urination & urgency inconsistence, Nocturia, stress urinary incontinence,
Mass coming down through vagina. Take treatment with minimally invasive techniques like TVT, TVT-O.
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT TESTS/PROCEDURES/SURGERIES, YOUR REPORTS & BILLING ENQUIRIES
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in Level-3, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in level-1, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8:30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Front Desk, OPD- Level-2,3).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
Procedures & Surgeries:
- If you are interested in undergoing a procedure or surgery, please see our relevant Consultant first.
- To search for a consultant, go to Find a Consultantpage and for appointments, go to Make an Appointment
- A Discharge Summary is provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (IP Billing Desk, Front desk, OPD- level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (IP Billing – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Concern:
Md. Rashadul Islam
Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-0241380350-61 Ext- 1031
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)